CLICK HERE for a printer-friendly PDF of this page.
• commission a new choral work
• $250 for 3-5 minutes of new music
• get the piece by October 3, 2016
“My Symphony” (text by William Henry Channing) for SATB
Join the team in commissioning “My Symphony”, a new 3-5 minute work, for SATB choir (no divisi) and piano. Only one choir from each province or territory may participate. Each would perform the provincial/territorial premiere of the work. With Core and Associate levels of membership also available, anyone can be involved in bringing this new piece of Canadian choral music to life.
There is value in creating new music specially crafted for the human voice, and additional value in choral singing. At Canadian League of Composers recommended rates, a 4 minute choral work would cost about $2000. For the $250 cost of my consortium, the choir gets the license to make a copy for each of their singers, plus be a part of something bigger. Most of the cost of the consortium goes to support the creation of this new music, with a small portion going to administering the project.
Core member participation $250 CDN per participating group
• your choir’s name in the the score
• receive PDF of score by October 3, 2016
• exclusive performance rights until June 30, 2017 - after which the piece becomes available
• your choir’s photo and bio on the consortium page of Elise Letourneau’s website, with link
• maximum of 13 core members, minimum of 5
Associate member participation $25 CDN
• receive a watermarked perusal copy of the score on November 14, 2016
• recognition of your support on the consortium page of Elise Letourneau’s website, with link
Register by September 1, 2016.
TEXT: My Symphony - by William Henry Channing
To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony.
CONTACT ELISE to participate